Speed Camera Warning

All C4 Cactus related discussions

Speed Camera Warning

Postby Keith » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:43 pm

Mine have stopped working, any ideas. I cannot remember altering any settings. :(
Shark Grey - Black Air Bumps - Flair 82ETG - Panoramic Sunroof - City Park pack.Image
Keith

Re: Speed Camera Warning

Postby DavidP » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:55 pm

I had a similar issue and found the only way of resolving it was to load the file back into the system. I would be interested to learn if the file Citroen supply for download time expires. If that is the case then it might be an explanation of why the speed camera POI disappears. I somehow doubt it but still remain interested in other folks experiences
DavidP

Postby Dadioglasgow » Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:13 pm

Whether they are worth having in the first place is open to question... I pass several cameras when the warning does not sound in the direction the camera is pointing, but sounds if you are going in the other direction. Many cameras are missing. It only covers (some) fixed cameras - not mobile camera vans.

If you want an accurate system, I would advise Cameralert on your phone even if you are using the Cactus satnav.
Cactus Flair e-HDi92 ETG6 - Lagoon Blue
Dadioglasgow

Postby Keith » Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:44 pm

Dadioglasgow wrote:Whether they are worth having in the first place is open to question... I pass several cameras when the warning does not sound in the direction the camera is pointing, but sounds if you are going in the other direction. Many cameras are missing. It only covers (some) fixed cameras - not mobile camera vans.

If you want an accurate system, I would advise Cameralert on your phone even if you are using the Cactus satnav.

It's not a problem it doesn't work as I'm not a speedster but just out of intereste. As you say it often only registered some cameras on the return journey and these were flash cameras not forward facing which was confirmed by the road markings.
Shark Grey - Black Air Bumps - Flair 82ETG - Panoramic Sunroof - City Park pack.Image
Keith

Postby The2ems » Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:17 pm

Just stick to the speed limit. Simples. :lol:
PureTec 82 manual, Feel, Shark Grey, Black air bumps, City camera pack
The2ems

Postby davew » Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:00 pm

Keith wrote:Mine have stopped working, any ideas. I cannot remember altering any settings. :(

Have you checked what the settings are now for the "Alert Config" in the Settings submenu of the Navigation Menu?

Maybe could have been inadvertently changed...
davew

Return to Main C4 Cactus chat