Transmission vibration

All C4 Cactus related discussions

Re: Transmission vibration

Postby fixerman » Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:06 pm

Well my car is a year old this next week. I am very happy with all aspects except for the original transmission problem which is a juddering vibration while pulling away in first gear.

My dealer contacted me just before Christmas to remind me that the first service is due and offered to collect the car, provide me with a loan car and deliver my car back after the service. I took him up on his offer but made a point of insisting that the transmission vibration on pulling away be dealt with whilst it was in for the service.

He collected my car as arranged and provided me with a DS4 for the day. He called me in the afternoon to advise me that he was about to deliver the car back home but he was unable to reproduce the issue I had raised. There followed a long and sometimes acrimoniuos conversation. His responses ranged from there is no issue to "they are all like that but Citroen won't do anything about it". I suggested that I might contact Citroen directly but his answer was that all Citroen will do is tell me to take it back to the dealer and if that happens he will just find that he cannot reproduce the fault.

Just to annoy me more they washed the car but must have polished it off with an oily rag. It was a mass of smears. I had to take it to the local car wash.
C4 Cactus PureTech 82 Stop&Start ETG Flair in sport red with matching mirrors.
fixerman

Postby davew » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:20 pm

Have you tried for a second opinion at another Citroen establishment?

I think your dealer is in Ashford - I have seen online there are 4 customer reviews, of which one is happy with the ordering process, another one just says "friendly staff" and the other two are fairly annoyed at poor service for fixing problems...

According to the web there seem to be a number of other Citroen service garages not too far from the West London area...
davew

Postby fixerman » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:47 am

Thanks davew,
I might give that a go. I assume under the terms of the warranty I can go to any Citroen dealer with a technical problem.

There is a dealer in Brentford. It was called Citroen London West but seems to have changed to Robins & Day London West.
C4 Cactus PureTech 82 Stop&Start ETG Flair in sport red with matching mirrors.
fixerman

Postby BristolRich » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:27 am

fixerman wrote:Thanks davew,
I might give that a go. I assume under the terms of the warranty I can go to any Citroen dealer with a technical problem.

There is a dealer in Brentford. It was called Citroen London West but seems to have changed to Robins & Day London West.

For years 1 and 2 you can go take the car to any Citroen garage for the warranty work. You are by no means dictated to return to the dealer where you purchased the car.

For year 3 the warranty is provided by the dealer itself and underwritten by Citroen UK. "Some" items may not be covered but in my experience I've never found this to be an issue. It might mean you need to return to the dealer where you purchased the car assuming they are still in business at that point. For all my cars by the time I've got to year three the dealer has changed hands on to someone else...

IIRC if you have bought a car through a car supermarket invariably these are not covered by the third year warranty.
2014 Hello Yellow Citroën C4 Cactus Hatchback 1.6 BlueHDi 100 Feel Edition
1998 Twilight Blue Mazda MX5 1.8 (In Restoration (Finished and Sold) :|
BristolRich

Postby Manturian » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:44 am

Hi.
Just reading your post bristolrich about 3rd year warranty.
You can take your car to any dealer that you wish during the warranty period ( that's all 3 years) Warranty is termed as a material and manufacturing defect and is covered by the manufacturer including the 3rd year.
I have occasionally known a car that has been bought through a car supermarket not to have a full 3 year warranty, All UK reg vehicles from new have 3 year warranty
However I have know some car supermarkets to have bought " grey imports " ie southern Ireland or even Malaysian vehicles.
Hopes this helps
Manturian

Previous

Return to Main C4 Cactus chat