Infotainment screen problem

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen C4 Cactus

Infotainment screen problem

Postby Muddles » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:12 pm

The screen seems to have developed an intermittent fault.

Tuesday when I drove it the text an icons on the screen were fuzzy, it looked almost as if there was condensation inside or you were looking through frosted glass. It happened about 10 mins from leaving home, and 45 mins later was still the same when I reached my destination.

I left the car for about an hour then drive home. The screen was still fuzzy. Rang the dealer and took the car in for them to check, but about a mile from the garage the screen suddenly cleared.

So they couldn't see the fault and they said take it in, the next time it happens.

Since then it's not happened again, but now when I turn the engine on, the home page doesn't come on, but the original home screen with the Citroen logo does, then sometimes my custom home page appears briefly. Th whole infotainment unit now seems very sluggish.

Plus with the lights left on auto, they don't always come on when they should.

Will let you know what happens when I can get it checked, but it hasn't gone fuzzy since.
September 2015 Citroen C4 Cactus 1.6 Blue HDi Flair SS - Obsidian Black
Muddles

Re: Infotainment screen problem

Postby Jonovich » Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:47 pm

Out of interest, do you have anything plugged into any of the USB slots? If so, try removing them and see if the performance returns.

Cheers,

Jono
Jonovich

Postby cactusjack » Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:23 am

Regarding the 'fuzzy' screen ours has done this since new, but only in winter. I believe it to be the different temperatures affecting it, It does gradually clear and alls well. I reckon the fact its 'stuck out' doesn't help, our CRV screen built into the dash doesn't do it. I get exactly the same with a TV when it goes into our motorhome and start using it this time of year. Don't forget your last journey will have warmed it up nicely, only to go cold throughout the night. You get in it in the morning and start warming it up again. It'll get bombarded by cold temps front and back which I don't think helps.
Yellow/black 17" black crosscuts Panoramic roof Habana interior Flair 110
cactusjack

Postby Muddles » Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:51 pm

I don't have anything plugged in jonovich

Yes cactusjack, I thought it was probably temperature related. It takes ages to clear, maybe an hour or more.

When we get another cold spell I'll try putting an insulated cover over it and see if that helps. Bit like a tea cosy lol

The speedo panel never does it tho which is strange.
Muddles

Postby cactusjack » Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:45 pm

Muddles wrote:I don't have anything plugged in jonovich

Yes cactusjack, I thought it was probably temperature related. It takes ages to clear, maybe an hour or more.

When we get another cold spell I'll try putting an insulated cover over it and see if that helps. Bit like a tea cosy lol

The speedo panel never does it tho which is strange.

Yeah I thought about the speedo but its not as big and not sort of stuck out in the middle nowhere. I put an old 7" satnav (soft) case over the screen (front and back) when temp drops too much and it did seem to help.
Yellow/black 17" black crosscuts Panoramic roof Habana interior Flair 110
cactusjack

Postby davew » Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:07 pm

Different technologies - the centre display "tablet" has interactive touch capability but the speedo is a passive display
davew

Postby Moro » Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:35 pm

davew wrote:Different technologies - the centre display "tablet" has interactive touch capability but the speedo is a passive display

+1

I have had my touchscreen display replaced earlier this year, as moisture as inside the unit at a location used for touch input caused the processor to be overloaded with phantom "touch requests" which [understandably] crashed the computer.
Flair 110S&S Arctic Silver / Grey Airbumps : Habana : Panoramic Roof : Spare Wheel
Moro

Postby Muddles » Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:19 pm

That's interesting

This definitely looked like moisture inside the screen.

I've made a cover for the info panel out of a hot water bottle lol
Muddles

Postby Muddles » Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:49 pm

It happened again tday, after driving for about an hour and the screen got quite hot.

Managed to get it to the dealer who took photos of the screen and has sent them to Citroen. They'll contact me when they hear back from Citroen but said they will probably replace the screen all together.

Moro when you had yours replaced did you lose all your music on the hard drive?
Muddles

Postby Moro » Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:41 am

Muddles wrote:
Moro when you had yours replaced did you lose all your music on the hard drive?

No, screen is separate item from the computer and storage and all your old settings for HDD, Nav, radio and other preferences will be unaffected.
Flair 110S&S Arctic Silver / Grey Airbumps : Habana : Panoramic Roof : Spare Wheel
Moro

Next

Return to Faults & Technical